Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baked Chimichangas

I don't know about you, but here in my kitchen we love ourselves some Mexican food. This past Saturday I decided to try out a new recipe that I had pinned a while ago on Pinterest ( you can find the original site here ).
Let's just say that it did not disappoint and will be going into our regular rotation for meals.
The best part is that Chimi's are usually fried in oil, but these little babies are baked.
It was made even more exciting by the fact that earlier in the day we were able to score a free patio dining set from my grandparents.  It needs a little TLC and some touch up paint for rust spots, but it's perfect and was free!
We got to sit outside and enjoy the summer weather and a delicious dinner as a family. It was absolute perfection.
 
Here is the recipe for Baked Chimichangas:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese ( I used Mexican blend.)
1 1/2 TBSP taco seasoning
3-4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
8 tortillas
cooking spray
garnishes ( green onions, salsa, sour cream, guac, ect....)
 
Mix together {softened} cream cheese, shredded cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in shredded chicken
Divide into tortillas and fold up edges
Place in sprayed cooking dish ( I used a 9x13) seam down
spray top of tortillas with cooking spray or brush with butter.
Cook at 350* for 15 minutes
Turn over and cook another 15 minutes.
Serve hot with topping of your choice. ( I thought they were delicious with salsa, cheese, green onions, and a side of guac.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment