Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cleaning your Dishwasher

I'll be the first to admit that when I first got married, I didn't know all the things that went into being a good housewife.  Sure, I had watched my own mother do it for years. I had done my fair share of chores and jobs around the house. But I really didn't know about the nitty gritty, the maintenance, the behind the scenes jobs, ect.
 
Like cleaning your dishwasher, for example. 
I had no idea that it was something that needed to be clean. I mean, it does the cleaning!
 
 
But food, gunk, and who knows what else can build up over time. This can cause your dishwasher to not clean as efficiently and cause grime and spots to appear on your dishes or leave them not as clean as you would like.
So about once a month I will run my dishwasher through it's own wash cycle. It's super easy to do and will get your dishwasher back in tip top shape!
 
 
1. In a dishwasher safe bowl, place about 2 cups vinegar and place on the top shelf.
2. Sprinkle about 1 cup baking soda all over the bottom of the washer.
 
 
3. Turn it on the hottest setting and let it go through a wash, empty of any dishes.
4. Once the wash is done I will take a cloth and wipe down the sides, bottom, and outside of the dishwasher.
5. Step back and enjoy your sparkling washer and cleaner dishes!
 
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never cleaned my dishwasher...guess what I'm doing tonight? Thanks for this super easy cleaning technique!!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I sure hope that it helps your dishwasher!

      Delete