Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Try It Out, Tuesday!

 Welcome!
I hope you are all having a great Tuesday after a wonderful 3 day weekend.
Its been raining all morning and we've just been taking it easy and I've been recovering from yesterday's 5k run.
I'm 12 weeks out from having my baby girl and I've only been running, ahem attempting to run, for about 4 weeks now. I must say I am pretty proud of myself for being able to complete a 5k. Granted it was incredibly slow and I am totally sore and tired today, but I did it.
Okay, enough about that.
Let's get talking about this Try It Out, Tuesday thing. I'll be honest with you right now and say that I have spent a fair amount of time on Pinterest. ( follow me here ).

In an effort to actually use my pins and limit the amount of time spent on just browsing I have started to try out those pins. I will be posting about the triumphs and/or epic fails of the pins that are all over my boards.
 
First up, I'm sure you have all seen pins all over the place similar to this one: 
 
 
The cleaning power of Vinegar is simply amazing. My shower doors had seen better days and for the past few weeks I have tried many different cleaners, and lots of scrubbing to get the soap scum off.
Here's a look at the residue left on the shower door. This is taken from the inside of the shower, looking out.
 
Gross, huh!
It was getting to the point that when I was showering I was unable to see out of the shower. Usually not a big deal, but when I am hurrying and trying to keep an eye on my mischievous toddler, I need to be able to see out!
Desperate, here is what I tried.
3/4 cup white vinegar ( warmed up in the microwave )
3/4 dish soap. I used dawn because that is what I had on hand. But I hear that any can work.
 
I poured into a squirt bottle and squirted all over my shower door and windows. I let it sit for about 30 minutes.
When I came back I literally just had to wipe off and rinse.
Did you catch that?
NO scrubbing!
Okay, mostly no scrubbing. There were a few little tough spots that needed a little bit of muscle, but for the most part I just rinsed and it was good to go!
 
This picture does not do it justice. But trust me on this. Vinegar is simply awesome!
The best part is that it is WAY cheaper and safer than all those store cleaners!
So if you have been wondering about this pin, I give it a HUGE thumbs up. It totally works.
Go ahead and try it and let me know how it works for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie!! Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday! I'd like to follow your blog but don't see any links. Great blog!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your pin your tried! There are so many I never know which one to try so I am taking your word on it.

    Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete